Monday 14 October 2013

Tiger's Voyage - Book Review

7849341

Tigers Voyage – Book Review

Book #3 of the Tiger Saga

Colleen Houck

YA Fantasy
Synopsis:

With the head-to-head battle against the villainous Lokesh behind her, Kelsey confronts a new heartbreak: in the wake of his traumatic experience, her beloved Ren no longer remembers who she is. As the trio continue their quest, challenging five cunning and duplicitous dragons, Ren and Kishan once more vie for her affections – leaving Kelsey more confused than ever.

Review:

This is fast becoming one of my favorite YA series! Like the first two books of the Tiger Saga, I found Tiger’s Voyage to be just as addictive and brilliant as the others. A really, really great read!

The story kicks off with Kelsey. Once again in the company of Mr Kadam and her two Tiger Princes, they set off on another adventure to break the third part of Durga’s curse. Using both the clues and weapons left to them by the Goddess, they find themselves venturing off the land and into, and under, the ocean.

But despite the sharks, dragons and sea monsters, it is her love life that causes Kelsey the greatest turmoil. With Ren’s memory of her gone, her heart is left shattered, but Kishan is more than willing to pick up the pieces. But can Kelsey forget Ren as easily as he forgot her? Or can she win his heart once again, before Kishan wins hers…?

This book really has me torn. As much as I love the adventure and fantasy elements of this story, it is the romance that has me completely hooked! From the beginning I have loved both Ren and Kishan’s characters and honestly, I want Kelsey to end up with both of them – each for different reasons.

Of course I know she will have to pick one of them, and while I do still lean (only slightly) more towards Ren, I love all the drama and conflict this love triangle has created. Which is a big thing for me to admit, because while I usually detest love triangles, this is probably the best one I've ever read.

Yet there is so much more to the story than just romance. Once again the settings and mythology behind the story continued to capture and hold my interest. Combine all that with a frustrating, head-banger off a cliff ending and Tiger’s Voyage becomes a truly brilliant read. Filled with magical descriptions and vivid imagery, Colleen Houck has created a fantastical story that I simply can’t get enough of! 5 stars!


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

No comments:

Post a Comment